Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Isaac at 1 Year

I've been thinking about this post for a little while... I want to capture bits of Isaac at this special landmark in his life, but it's awfully hard to sum up our little guy!


Isaac is so full of life at one year. It's a blast to be around him. He's incredibly BUSY - whether it's flipping through books or pulling out every piece of Tupperware from the cabinet. He's still crawling, no real attempts at walking, but he is fast! He's becoming more adventurous - he'll leave the room that I'm in to go entertain himself elsewhere. He's extremely expressive and becoming more & more opinionated, whether over food or the toy he wants to play with. "Oh" is usually accompanied by his hand pointing to whatever he wants.

Other ways I'd describe Isaac:
  • silly yet serious: he can flip between these at the drop of a hat
  • determined: Isaac gets a certain look in his eyes that I know means business
  • caring: he gives us big hugs when we say "love mama" or "love dada". He also *loves* to make us laugh & smile.
  • talkative: we recently counted about 20 words that he says regularly. He also signs "more" & "all done".
Isaac has the most contagious smile & laugh! And super bright eyes that just seem to sparkle. He's becoming more comfortable around other people, although he's really shy around new people at first. Most of the time at the grocery store he'll just stare at people without waving or smiling, although he loves to do those as soon as we leave. :) Loud noises don't scare him like they used to, for the most part.

As far as day-to-day things I'll forget if I don't record, he's been sleeping through the night pretty regularly for not terribly long now. Isaac goes to bed around 6:30 and is usually up for good by 6:30 the next morning. He's taking 2 naps, around 9:00 AM and 1:00 PM. The naps have very suddenly become really good naps about a week ago. I've never considered Isaac a good napper & have no idea what's happened but it's nice! We've had a hard time getting Isaac to eat "real" food. I think it's a texture thing, because he eats purees still no problem. We are very ready for him to eat real food & offer him a ton of variety, but he'll only eat a little of it usually. (Bread & cantaloupe being his current real food favorites.)

We love you Isaac & are excited to watch you keep growing over this coming year!

No comments: