
I also promised that I'd share a few more pictures from our day Saturday in Old San Juan. We saw a good bit of the same stuff I had seen with my family (as the city is only about 7 blocks square), but also saw some new things, too. I found it pretty interesting how different of an atmosphere OSJ has on a Saturday night, as well.
There was a big kite festival in the field in front of the main fort, El Morro. It's kind of hard to see in the picture, but there were tons & tons of people flying kites! So much fun.
This picture was taken from inside El Morro, looking out toward the Atlantic Ocean. This fort had really amazing views.
This is looking back toward the fort from the edge near the ocean. It was at least 6 stories high (6 stories were open to tourists, so I don't know if there were a few more they didn't let us see...), and it was pretty ridiculously huge.
We ate supper outdoors at this cafe & got very authentic food. Yes, the name's not the most creative, but the food was excellent!
Then... Sunday at church a lady told me where you can find sea glass near Palmas. We didn't realize you could find it there - thought it was just something on the west coast of PR. Basically, sea glass is just that - glass bottles that break in the sea & then get polished by the waves & sand until it becomes these really neat little pieces of glass. They're so pretty & it's one of the things Puerto Rico is known for. We didn't take any pictures of the glass, but this is a picture of the beach where we found it:
That's about it for this trip! Javier & I had a wonderful time together & with my family and are so thankful we were able to spend that much time together in the middle of being apart for so long.

No comments:
Post a Comment